Role: Laboratory Director
Required number: 1
Contract duration: 2 years, renewable at mutual consent
Working hours: 45 hours per week
Strong preference: Western educated only (USA or UK Board or equivalent)
Yearly air ticket to home country, medical insurance, 30 calendar days of paid leave per year, 5 days of paid leave per year to attend CME trainings, yearly contribution
towards the payment of CME trainings.
During the first 2 weeks in Dubai accommodation will be provided
Schooling: They do not offer schooling fees for children
The employer will apply and pay for the license on behalf of the successful candidate; the employer will arrange and pay for the employment visa; the employer will pay the flight ticket to Dubai if candidate is recruited from abroad.
· Registered as a Specialist in Clinical Pathology with a Masters Degree or equivalent from a
recognised institution; preferably with an advanced degree in healthcare or business
· Must be eligible for a license as per the Physician Licensing guidelines:
· 5 to 10 years related experience in clinical laboratory management.
· Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the principles and functions of various areas of a
clinical laboratory, i.e. Clinical Chemistry, Endocrinology, Microbiology, Histopathology,
Immunology and Serology, Haematology; including blood bank.
· Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and a strong operational focus.
· Must have good experience in strategic planning and resource allocation
· Must have experience in departmental human resource planning; including having
experience with determining the staffing needs of a new laboratory and being able to
collaborate with HR strategy to redeploy staff from clinics to the laboratory as required and
· Must have experience in managing multiple site logistics related to equipment, process flows in the laboratory, collection of samples and turnaround times.
· Able to lead and coordinate diverse multidisciplinary teams.
· Must be able to develop Test Menus for the Group (centralized laboratory/hospitals/clinics).
· Demonstrated ability to identify gaps/opportunities and implement creative and forward
· Must possess high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
· Must possess excellent time management, problem solving and decision making abilities.
· Able to relate to people at all levels within the group as well as external stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English (native level).
· Arabic language skills will be well regarded.
· Must be an excellent negotiator with experience in contract negotiation and management.
· Must have the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and/or complaints.
· Responsible for the overall operations, leadership, direction, and administration of the
Group’s laboratories and sites.
· Responsible for the employment of qualified and competent laboratory staff.
· Establish, direct, supervise and lead the Group’s laboratory management, administrative and
clinical teams to carry out the medical laboratory function for all units in the group.
· Participate in the development and implementation of annual operations budgets to ensure
appropriate resource levels, and to comply with organizational expenditure requirements.
· In collaboration with the General Manager for Business Support advise, negotiate, manage
and administer all Laboratory contracts.
· Lead and direct the development, communication and implementation of effective growth
strategies and processes for the Laboratory.
· Oversee the development of the organization's plans and programs.
· Foster a unified culture and promote a process for collaboration, cooperation, sharing of
information and mutual teamwork within the Group.
· Establish and maintain lines of communication with internal and external customers in order
to ensure a timely response to new clinical service trends and program planning.
· Re-establish and re-organise the Group’s laboratory structure, both operationally and
administratively, to create an efficient, streamlined and effective central laboratory service
and business unit.
· Develop the Group’s core laboratory as a well renowned reference and referral laboratory in
the region with an extensive test menu that is in line with the companies’ growth and market
· Monitor utilization patterns of laboratory services and advise the Group’s management and
other appropriate staff of developing trends in clinical service needs.
· Ensure quality standards are kept at the highest level and all accreditations for the
Laboratory are achieved and maintained.
· Ensure that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of
results required for patient care.
· Write and revise policies, procedures, and protocols for tests carried out in the Laboratory
according to prescribed formats and international standards.
· Ensure that the environment conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing
performed, and provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical,
chemical and biological hazards.
· Establish operations standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and
complete on-time delivery.
· Ensure that the quality control and quality assurance programs are established and
maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in
quality as they occur.
· Ensure the establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for
each test system.
· Ensure that all necessary remedial actions are taken and documented whenever significant
deviations from the laboratory’s established performance specifications are identified and
that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
· Ensure that consultation is available to the Laboratory’s clients on matters relating to the
quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient
· Organize the Continuous Medical Education (CME) programs for Laboratory Technologists in coordination with the Clinical Consultant.