Role: Specialist/Consultant Urologist
Required number: 1
Contract duration: 2 years, renewable at mutual consent
Working hours: 45 hours per week
Strong preference: Western educated only (USA or UK Board or equivalent)
Around AED 50-60K( 10,000-12,000€) TAX FREE per month (depending upon qualifications and experience) – the salary mentioned is the total fixed monthly income (it already includes all fixed allowances)
Incentives based on revenue (the doctor can earn a substantial extra amount per month based on incentives), yearly air ticket to home country, medical insurance, 30 calendar days of paid leave per year, 5 days of paid leave per year to attend CME trainings, yearly contribution
towards the payment of CME trainings.
During the first 2 weeks in Dubai accommodation will be provided
Schooling: They do not offer schooling fees for children
The employer will apply and pay for the license on behalf of the successful candidate; the employer will arrange and pay for the employment visa; the employer will pay the flight ticket to Dubai if candidate is recruited from abroad.
· Basic Medical Degree recognised by the Dubai Authorities.
· Completion of a recognised higher professional education programme.
· Certification of higher professional education recognised by the Dubai Authorities: FRCS
plus CCST in urology, or American Board Certification, or FRCSC, or FRACS or equivalent
recognised by the Dubai Authorities.
· Experience - Minimum of five years’ experience since gaining higher qualification.
· Minimum of three years Consultant experience in a Western hospital setting is desirable.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
· Appropriate experience and competence in all aspects of urology.
· Experience and interest in Urologic Oncology is a requirement.
· Skills in advanced management of stone diseases is essential.
· Personal - Leadership skills appropriate for a highly functioning clinical team.
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital
· Ability to project a positive public image of self, department and hospital.
· Desirable requirements - Publication in peer reviewed journals.
· Provides Urology care to assigned patients according to current best-evidence based
standards, using best judgment at all times and in accordance with the Hospital’s Medical
Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
· Participates equitably in the on-call roster.
· Participates in the oversight and professional development of assigned junior medical staff.
· Participates in the educational activities of the Medical Staff as a whole.
· Conducts clinical audit in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
· Participates in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the urology
service and the hospital.
· Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the urology service and the hospital to
the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
· Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects ofurology.
· Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and
abilities of the position.
· The post holder is responsible for providing comprehensive consultant level patient care in
· This responsibility may be shared with other specialists/consultants in urology and general
surgery in the hospital.
· Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff, referring